What Is Partial Hospitalization?
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) provide intensive care for people experiencing acute behavioral health issues. As the name suggests, recipients receive care for several hours during their day while continuing to live at home. This allows them to gradually transition out of intensive care with the skills and resources to live independently.
Partial hospitalization can be helpful for people who are experiencing or have recently experienced the following:
- Erratic or destructive behavior due to medication imbalances
- Symptoms that are difficult to manage alone
- Suicidal thoughts or tendencies
- Discharge from an inpatient hospital as a result of suicidal thoughts or actions
- Debilitating behavioral health issues, such as depression, anxiety, personality disorders, etc.
- Addiction and other substance use disorders
- Personal or emotional crises resulting from divorce, abuse, grief, or other negative life circumstances
Partial Hospitalization vs. Full Hospitalization
Some people in need of behavioral health treatment require full-time, inpatient care to stabilize their symptoms, receive access 24-hour support, and reduce their risk of harm. However, those whose symptoms do not rise to the level of inpatient hospitalization or those who have recently completed treatment in an inpatient facility may benefit from receiving focused attention in an outpatient setting through Partial Hospitalization.
In addition to being able to spend evenings and weekends at home in a familiar environment, patients who participate in PHP enjoy several unique benefits, such as:
- Regular interactions with medical and behavioral health professionals
- Personalized behavioral health care
- Individual and group therapy
- Affordable treatment without costly overnight hospital stays
- Easier transition back into everyday life and independence
Partial Hospitalization Program in Butte County
At Therapeutic Solutions, we are certified by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JACHO), and we provide high quality care for people struggling with behavioral health challenges of all kinds. Our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) allows patients to receive the attentive, stabilizing care they need between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:20 PM, Monday through Friday. Patients who are already hospitalized may wish to enroll in our program directly from their current hospital setting and use our PHP as a means of safe, stable transition back into a normal routine.
Local patients in the Chico and Butte County areas may also enjoy our complimentary transportation options.
Call (530) 899-3150 today to request a program assessment and find out if our PHP is right for you.