On March 31, 2018, the Therapeutic Solutions team will be at One Mile Recreation Area for Running Brave Chico: The Race to End Suicide, as volunteers, runners, and a resource for the community. Here at Therapeutic Solutions, our staff and care providers know that our work to support positive mental and behavioral health does not end at our office doors, and that the fight to prevent suicide and promote wellness needs to reach far and wide in the communities we serve. That is why we have chosen to help bring the first Running Brave event to Chico, California.
Running Brave is an effort to raise awareness about suicide and promote initiatives to prevent it. The event originated in Redding but is making its way to Chico at the end of March for the first time. Hundreds of community members will be in attendance as runners, walkers, volunteers, resources, and event supporters, to show their support and raise funds for the local chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. This event will be held on Saturday, March 31st from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, and includes many ways to support the cause:
- A professionally timed 5K & 10K race
- A one-mile fun run/walk
- A Running Brave T-Shirt for all race registrants
- Prizes for top finishers in each race
- Pre-race and post-race activities for the community, such as:
- Speakers on mental health
- A local mental health & suicide prevention resource fair
Therapeutic Solutions provides a variety of resources for those who have been impacted by mental and behavioral health concerns. We believe that everyone can get better, and that everyone can find happiness in their lives, and we will continue to do our part to support the patients and clients who seek out our services in their journey to wellness through scientifically proven treatments and compassionate therapeutic services.
But, the work doesn’t end there.
Happiness starts with each and every one of us doing our part to foster wellness in our communities, our families, and ourselves. If you are interested in getting involved in suicide prevention efforts, here are a few ways to get started now:
- Register to walk or run at the Running Brave Chico Event.
- All proceeds go to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- Donate directly to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- Educate yourself about suicide and suicide prevention.
- Refer a loved one who is struggling to a mental health resource.
- Share a message of hope to those who matter to you.
- Fight mental health stigma. Watch and share a video on social media to start the conversation, like the Seize the Awkward campaign.
Find us at our Running Brave table, and let’s continue the conversation about suicide prevention in our communities. We hope to see you on March 31st for the Race to End Suicide.